Tuesday 1 March 2011

Sixties Skirt Suit for a Spring Wedding....

Here we are on day two of the Hummingbird Vintage New Dresses Adventure and have I got something special for you today...!!

Today marks the start of March and in my eyes the start of Spring and therefore the start of wedding season....hurrah.

If you didn't know I am a HUGE fan of weddings....especially the dressing up part..so when I saw this outfit my heart leapt.

An original 1960's does 1950's skirt suit....and it is just gorgeous...!!

Made in a creamy beige light brocade fabric, the suit consists of a stunning nipped in, button up jacket with bell sleeves and a high waisted skirt which is fastened with pearl buttons.


As a suit is is simply stunning and I can imagine it paired with a pair of classic red courts...

...red corsage.....


...and a vintage inspired white cotton camisole...


However I also think that both pieces would be equally as stunning on there own.

The jacket could be paired with blue skinnys.....



....and a plain black vest.


And the skirt could be paired with a classic white vest....


....gorgeous gold flats.....

...and statement gold earrings.

The suit is available from Hummingbird Vintage (just click on the link at the top of the blog to be taken there) is a size 10 and is £35 for both the skirt and jacket.

Happy shopping xx

No comments:

Post a Comment