Monday 9 May 2011

Swish Delish....

Wow...last night saw the first charity vintage swish and it was fabulous....!!

I was extremely nervous (nerves kicked in on Saturday morning) and didn't really go til late last night which saw me surviving on glasses of fizz as I couldn't eat....could be worse!!

Day started early with a shed load of prep and then it was off to get changed (fabulous 1970's green maxi with gave me a cleavage to be proud of) and have my hair and make-up done by the wonderful Miss Honey Bare. I ended up going for a 70's gypsy vibe so had massive hair and gorgeous gold themed make-up. Even the boy (who is not a fan of vintage) had to admit that I looked a treat but did comment I would look better running through a field or sitting in a forrest due to the way I looked....bless.

So 4pm came and the doors opened....and...to be honest I was expecting a HUGE rush but in the end it was more like a steady trickle.

I met some totally fabulous people throughout the day including people I have met on twitter but not in person, made a shed load of money for Macmillan and Coppa Feel and then got to watch a fantastic burlesque show....I may do this every weekend!!

Sadly I have no pics of my own as I was running around all day but I will be posting them on here when they come through.

I do want to say a MASSIVE thank-you to the following people....Nat Garner (for the fab cakes), Emma from Rock Candy Vintage, Celine Chaplin, Curious of London, Luna DeLovely, Ava Iscariot, Daisy Champagne, Bettie Wishes, Sophia StVillier, Miss Lainy Tuesday, Miss Honey Bare,  Kim (Preloved Reloved), Mark Green, The FAB Swish Pout girls, the boy (for putting up with me)....couldn't have done it without you guys...!!

Now....better start planning the next one!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment