Wednesday 2 February 2011

A bit about me....

After chatting last night over dinner with two of my good friends (Row - talkative Aussie and Gill - obsessed with Princess Diana) we came to the conclusion that I should tell you a bit about myself.

As I am sure you can tell from my blog I love love LOVE vintage and try to wear it as much as possible...however....I am not one of these gorgeous vintage goddesses who wear amazing vintage clothing, have immaculate hair and never go anywhere without red lipstick....like the lovely ladies below.




Sadly in my case my hair can sometimes resemble a birds nest and if I try and wear red lipstick I end up spending all day wiping off my teeth....very attractive.

Although I would love to spend all my time hunting out gorgeous vintage items and drinking gin cocktails I spend most of my week working in the lovely world of social media where I spend my day looking after the bright young things that work here....at times it can feel like I am head of a children's home or like Miss Hannigan from Annie (we have very similar hair).



I have nine very very close girlfriends and these include....two accountants, one singer, one dancer, two PA's, one fashion designer, one investment banker and a sister.....we all have very different styles and ways of dressing.

The boy...also an investment banker is a handsome fellow, loves shopping in Ted Baker (and other such shops) and is always surprised by my clothing choices of a morning....including today's choice.

Home is Shoreditch in East London and also Leigh-on-sea in Essex.....both of which are havens for vintage clothing and for afternoon tea....the two go together hand in hand.

Although I am a BIG fan of vintage nights out.....The Blitz Party, Last Days of Decadence...etc....you will also find me dancing to 80's disco on a Friday night somewhere in East London.

Now...back to my main love...!

I spend most weekends hunting down and buying vintage to sell on Hummingbird Vintage....this is one of my absolute favourite things to do (even though it breaks my heart when a piece gets sold) and also blogging about my finds.
Although my hope is that one day this will allow me to live the dream of working in vintage full time one of the main reasons I started this was to make vintage more accessible and used as everyday wear.

For example today..to the office...I am wearing a blue floral 1980's US day dress teamed with a Primark belt, black tights and very tatty Primark pumps.





Whole outfit cost about £25 and I am sure there will not be anyone else wearing it. 

In Hummingbird Vintage (www.hummingbirdvntage.co.uk) I mainly sell items that can be worn for everyday use and dressed up with heels and jewellery for the evening so that they are both affordable and can be worn on any occasion. I change my stock most weeks and am happy to go out and scour the markets if you are after something in particular. I have some amazing and unusual suppliers so I can usually find most items at a good price.

That is it...me in a nutshell...if you want to find out more or have any questions please email me at lucy@hummingbirdvintage.co.uk.

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment