Monday 31 January 2011

....and more Fashion Mag vs Vintage

So to carry on with today's them I have been seeing a certain colour around recently which looks like a hot trend for Spring/Summer 2011...this colour is mint green.


Now to be honest this is not a colour I have ever thought to wear but on the right garment  it can look amazing as the lovely Agyness and Kate show below...




And here is my version....simply divine....looks lovely with flat gold sandals and big bangles for a day time looks or with sky scraper heels in the evening. Sorbet colours are going to be BIG so adding pink accessories to this dress would really capitalise on the look..!


Another huge huge HUGE look this season is ladylike fashion....now this is a look I love. Being born with curves I have been praying for this look to come in ever since the invention of skinny jeans...and thank the lord...it is finally here.

The thing I love about this look is that you can either go full on ladylike with full skirts, ponytail and minimal jewellery (think Sandy from Grease) or you can toughen it up.....below are my favourite ladylike looks being rocked by some ladylike and some not so ladylike girls....

Carey Mulligan in Preen


Daisy Lowe in Louis Vuitton


Michelle Williams


Rula Jebreal in Prada


Pixie Geldof in Louis Vuitton

....and as always here are my vintage versions to keep to most ladylike of us looking good....










....this is my favourite look so there is always plenty of ladylike dresses on the website www.hummingbirdvintage.co.uk....but for now I leave you with possibly one of the most unladylike pop princess's rocking a very ladylike look...if she can do it then we all can..!! xx







No comments:

Post a Comment