Monday 18 April 2011

Jackie O...

Firstly before I say anything let me please apologise for the quality of the pictures in todays blog...my camera is broken and I seem to find it more important to spend my money on vintage clothing than new electronic equipment so I am using the camera on my blackberry.

This weekend was spent in a whirlwind of wine, food and sunshine....perfect.

On Saturday I woke the boy early (he was hungover and not pleased) as I had an urge to go and find some lovely new vintage pieces for the shop. After a good ten minute of persuading (including the offer of lunch in a pub) he got out of bed and ready in record time and off we went.

I love shopping for vintage and London's East End is possibly one of the best places to go. The Truman Brewery has a new AMAZING vintage market on Saturdays and the quality was fab.

I ended up buying three new dresses (as always I want to keep them all) and here is the first...



...it is a cream woollen high neck shift dress and it is PERFECT.

It really reminds me of Jackie Onassis and would be perfect for a wedding with some black courts, black clutch bag and black pillbox hat.

It is perfect for you taller ladies (damn you and your long legs) as it looks best just sat on the knee.

It is a size 10 - 12 and is £35....so if you are interested either tweet me or email lucy@hummingbirdvintage.

Tomorrow I will be showing off a gorgeous mauve maxi dress with off the shoulder ruffle so stay tuned..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment