Monday 16 May 2011

Skinny Jeans....

This weekend marked a glorious occasion....for the first time this year I can now fit into the skinny jeans that have been lurking at the back of my wardrobe mocking me for having big thighs and an even bigger bottom.

I will admit it took some heaving but I got them on and even wore them for a whole day before realising that I am not a fan of skinny jeans and I was an idiot for putting myself through ridiculous diets in order to get back into a item of clothing that I have no intention of really wearing.....silly girl.

I read in the paper today that a survey was carried out asking women if they would rather be blind or fat....one in six women went for blindness.

This makes me very sad indeed....as a girl who has always been extremely curvy I do understand the frustration of not finding clothes that fit..but blindness is a bit drastic...!!

So....in order to celebrate the fabulous female form with all it's lumps, bumps and curves here are my favourite vintage ladies showing us how it should be done...

Betty Grable

Elizabeth Taylor

Jayne Russell

Jane Mansfield

And...of course...Marilyn Monroe
I am sure you will all admit that these women are HOT but not skinny...I love them and their figures....and now I am off to throw out my skinny jeans and get myself some cake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment