Monday 4 April 2011

Mothers Day...

This weekend saw some fun times and sad times.....

Poor Mother Hummingbird was back in the hospital this weekend due to some random chemo business which meant she missed out on Mothers Day fun.

This was very sad so I decided that if she couldn't come out for Mothers Day I would bring it to her....so off I went carrying chocolates, magazines, books and flowers. On my journey down to Essex I had an argument with a small child over Justin Beiber and then managed to spill all the water from the flowers into the taxi I was in.....the driver was not impressed and shouted alot so I (I hate to admit this) played the cancer card in order to get away....it went something like this 'My mother has cancer and is waiting for me in that hospital and you are making me wait out here when I could be in there with her'. Obviously after my outburst he was suitably taken aback and I made my escape.

I told Mother Hummingbird about my cancer card use and she replied through a mouthful of chocolate 'Well you might as well get something out of it'.

Turns out that due to a dodgy tooth (the joys of getting older) she had a slight infection which due to the chemo means a stay in hospital. She had only been there one night before I saw her and already had charmed the nurses into extending the visiting hours and was in full make-up and a fab wig.

After spending a suitable amount of time talking to the nurses, admiring Mothers new wig (totally fab Audrey Hepburn) we got round to the topic of Victory Vixens....as you can imagine due to her current circumstances she has a wealth of random cancer knowledge and ideas to help people feel better so I left there with my head buzzing...!!

It also made me realise that although cancer is shit...and it really is, what Mother Hummingbird is going through has made me create both my lingerie range and Victory Vixens which I love...and after all as said by the woman herself 'I might as well get something out of it'.

Mother Hummingbird


Victory Vixens - victoryvixens@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment