Tuesday 22 February 2011

Looking good and doing good....

Now...although I love nothing more than coming home laden with shiny new purchases it does give me a case of the guilts and it is not long before I have almost convinced myself that half of the items should go back and then I should give the money to charity....almost..!!

So imagine how pleased I was when the charity shops started upping their game and creating vintage sections....I can get a great outfit and give to charity at the same time....I am like a better dressed Bob Geldof!!

One of the most well known charity shops that has recently launched its very own vintage collection is Oxfam.

They have re-vamped their website and the vintage section now includes a shop by era option and a guide to vintage fashion...!! Also they have produced these simply gorgeous ads to help promote their vintage fabulousness which include a story about the piece...





....I really want the blue dress in the middle...SO MUCH...!!

And here are my lovely vintage finds from the Oxfam website...the prices range from £10 to around £50 and there are some truly lovely pieces on there....

This 1970's Liberty print dress is gorgeous and will be bang on trend with the Seventies making a come back this Spring/Summer

£49.99
 Again another piece that is very 'in' is this mint green dress. Fashion mags have been gabbing on about how mint green is THE colour this season so this is the perfect mix of totally fashionable yet one off...

£24.99
This piece I have put in because I am a sucker for both florals and purple and think it is lovely. Would look great with a tan belt to really cinch in the waist and tan peep toes.

£19.99

I love this skirt...high waist..check...bright colours...check...below the knee..check...would look great with a simple white vest and gold jewellery
£14.99
Oxfam regularly update their stock to it is worth visiting more than once just to see what new treasures they have on there..!!

And whilst we are on the topic of charity I wanted to bring to your attention the  story of Preloved Reloved....in a nutshell a lovely lady is only wearing second hand clothes for a year in order to raise money for MacMillan Cancer Support. What a great gal...you can read her story here Preloved Reloved .
As this is a subject very close to my heart Hummingbird Vintage will be trying to help out Preloved Reloved as much as possible so watch this space for further details...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment