Friday 24 June 2011

Internet shopping....Friend or Foe..?

This weekend I have yet another wedding.....I am actually quite happy about this as I love a chance to get dressed up and have a dance.

However the lead up to this wedding has been marred with what I like to call the 'Bastard Internet Shopping Situation'.

You see I decided to treat myself to a nice new dress for the wedding under the guise that I don't really know anyone at this wedding so would be able to wear it to another one without anyone noticing.

After careful deliberation I choose this beauty from Monsoon.....


£130
I ordered it last Friday and was assured that it would be with me by mid week.

Unfortunately they mucked up my delivery address to rather than it coming to work my lovely dress would be delivered to my house where there would be no one to sign for it.

I rang up Monsoon to explain this and was told that there was nothing they could do and I would have to find a way to making sure I was at home....!!

So for the past three days I have been running home at lunch and on breaks to see if it had been delivered or if there was a delivery card waiting for me....but alas...there has been nothing.

So today in a panic I rang Monsoon again who told me that the dress had tried to be delivered several times but there was no one in....when I mentioned the lack of delivery card I was told that the courier will not leave a card but just keep trying until he finally delivers it.

So this leaves me a. Mad as a fish as I WANT MY DRESS and b. Potentially without anything to wear for the wedding....TOMORROW.

So on a mad hunt to find same day delivery dresses I stumbled across Oasis who do a 90 minute delivery to certain postcodes.....and clearly the delivery Gods were smiling upon me as my postcode is in the delivery area.....HURRAH.

So now I have this baby on the way.....

£150

So although this experience has made me long for the god old days where I went to a shop, tried something on and then bought it (rather than being lured by the simplicity of internet shopping and spending waaay more that I can afford) it has shown me that the internet world of shopping can also be a lifesaver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment