Monday 20 June 2011

A day at the races...

This weekend saw my first venture into horse racing at Royal Ascot.

I had been looking forward to it for weeks and had my outfit carefully planned so you can imagine my dismay when I opened the blinds on Saturday to find it literally pissing down.

It was then all hands on deck to find me a new outfit that would withstand the rain and the cold and yet still make me look ok and sort of dressed up.

In the end I went for an old faithful black and white Oasis dress with a black blazer and huge white corsage. I do have to admit though that my lower half was incased in tights and white pumps from Primark...not the classiest of looks but hey-ho.

So off we set...mini bottles of fizzy wine in hand.

The first thing I noticed about Ascot is the amount of effort the women go to....it is bloody amazing but did make me feel a bit like a tramp for not wearing skyscraper heels, a huge fascinator and for not having amazing hair and make-up that seemed to last all day (I need to find out how and where these women do this!!).

After having a good nosy around I found my outfit of the day...

She looked fabulous and totally different from most people there which is what drew me to her....totally gorgeous.

After I had had a fashion round up I managed to drink my body weight in wine and win £76....so all in all a good day.

I will definitely be going next year but will be armed with non moving hair, smudge free make-up, high heels and a fascinator the size of the sun....afterall if you can't beat 'em...join 'em!!

No comments:

Post a Comment